Charge your viewers a fee to watch your live stream event!
In the video industry that’s called “Pay Per View” or PPV. The Neovix team has years of experience in live streaming. From conferences to network marketing presentations to concerts, we’ve streamed it as pay per view. We use state-of-the-art streaming video players, so no app or download is required!
Our technology can stream events to any size viewing audience. By working with Neovix, your bandwidth is covered under the Pay Per View system, so you never have to worry about the cost because it is covered by your audience.
Nothing will convey to you and your team how our Pay Per View system works until you see it in action. Please contact us to arrange a live demo of a “mock” PPV event.
Setting your fees is a very special step in the pay per view planning. Many questions have to be answered. How long is the event? What is your overhead? What price will lose the buyer? Do you have to share the revenue with anyone such as the artists or a sponsor? Is there advertising associated? And of course, what does the bandwidth and e-commerce cost?
As a rule of thumb on our cost to support your project, plan for $1.00 per viewer, plus 20% of the pay per view fees you charge. As an example: if you want to charge $10 to each viewer, our fees will be $1.00 plus 20% of 10 ($2.00) = $3.00 per attendee. You will receive $7.00 for each viewer.
If we do any development or production work, those fees are will be quoted and must be paid prior to the release of the pay per view offering.
It is possible to insert images, banners, and even videos INTO a stream and charge sponsors or advertisers for the advertisements. This offers a significant additional revenue opportunity. If we provide the website for you, there is also the opportunity to embed advertisements into that page as well. Contact Us to discuss the details!
How It Works
- Your Pay Per View Event is configured on our system.
- Viewers come to a payment page via a link or a website we provide you
- Viewers pay, and then receive an encrypted link that only allows them (one user) to view the event via their phone, computer, or tablet.
- We transact the Pay Per View fees, deduct our technology, bandwidth, and associated production fees, then transfer the remaining fees to you.
- Camera(s) capture your content
- The camera’s are feed into a computer application that allows us to “manipulate” the video stream
- The camera feed(s) are then sent up to our content delivery network (CDN) via a single stream of video.
- Our CDN then is able t
Keep This in Mind
- Cameras: This can range from iPhones streaming from the field to a multi-camera professional camera team. Static cameras vs. mobile, pan-tilt-zoom, controlled by a camera person on each camera or remote-controlled.
- Production: Once the camera decision is made we move into the look and feel of y our event. If multi-camera, who will do the mixing and with what tools? If static cameras, where will they be located? Is there a switcher? How about audio?
- Website: We will supply you with either a link to embed on your website or a full website that will present your event, transact, and lead the visitor directly into the viewing of the event!
- Promotion: With a pay per view event, you obviously wish for the event to be well attended. How will you get the word out? Is there a budget? Do you have a following or social network, or email list to contact? Is it press-release worth?
- Internet: In order to stream a live event, a single stream UP to our distribution delivery network (also called a CDN) must be a large, and as stable as possible. We prefer hard-wired internet connections, but wifi can work in many instances.
- Licensing: who owns the content you’re streaming? Music can be challenging due to some of the licensing rules associated with music. Do your homework!
- Power: a good stable power source is essential. We mentioned audio before, and we’re bringing it up again: Audio. What is the source? is it mixed? Stereo?
Neovix can assist at all levels of production. Although we are primarily a technology provider, we have the ability to produce 100% of an event. Contact Us to discuss your project!